- Dung beetles (Aphodius spp.)
- Leaf beetles (Chrysomelidae): Flea beetles (Phyllotreta spp.)
- Caterpillars (Lepidoptera):
- Common swift moth (Korscheltellus lupulina)
Mode of action
The nematodes enter the pest and release symbiotic bacteria into the pest’s body cavity. These bacteria convert the host tissue into a food source, on which nematodes feed, develop, and reproduce inside the host. This kills the pest within a few hours to days after infection.
Infected pest insects in the root zone turn red to brown but may be difficult to find, due to rapid degradation.
|Infective third-stage larvae (L3).
|86% Heterorhabditis bacteriophora – 14% inert carrier.
Directions for use
- Remove the sachets from the box and keep them at room temperature for 30 minutes
- Empty the contents of the sachets into a bucket containing at least 2 litres of water per sachet (water temperature: 15-20°C/59-68°F
- Stir well and leave the contents to soak for five minutes
- Stir again and pour the contents of the bucket into the half-filled spray tank (except when tank mixing with a compatible product)
- Maintain agitation of mixture in the tank (e.g. with a recirculation pump)
- Fill the spray tank with the required amount of water
- If tank mixing with a compatible product, add Larvanem at the end to a fully filled tank
- Apply directly after preparation of spray solution
- Nematodes can be applied using a watering can, an airblast sprayer, through a sprinkler system, with a backpack sprayer, or a vehicle-mounted spray unit
- To avoid blockage, all filters should be removed, especially if finer than 0.3 mm (50 mesh)
- Use a maximum pressure of 20 bar/290 psi (on nozzle)
- The spray nozzle opening should be at least 0.5 mm (500 microns – 35 mesh) – preferably high flow rate cone nozzle types
- Continuous mixing should take place to prevent nematodes sinking to the bottom of the spray tank
- Avoid sprayers equipped with centrifugal or piston pumps
- Water tank temperature must not exceed 25°C/77°F and pH must be between 4 and 8
- Distribute the spraying solution evenly over the soil/media surface
Application through irrigation systems:
- Pressure-compensated irrigation systems are recommended. If not available, spray or drench applications are recommended. For injection through Dosatron/Venturi systems, please contact your local representative for specific advice
- Spray the solution as soon as it is prepared and within a short timeframe (5 hours). Do not store mixed suspensions
Storage temperature : Refrigerate at a temperature of 2-6°C/35-43°F in a ventilated refrigerator/cold room.
Storage conditions : Upon receipt, take boxes out of the insulating shipment packaging. Keep in a dark, ventilated refrigerator/cold room until use.